Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Namibia's Annual Seal Cull

Namibia's Annual Seal Cull 

This cause is a main concern for me . I had only started a few months ago learning about the cull . I have never once been so disgusted and shocked at what I have learned. 

Description of the Hunt. 

Chasing and rounding up 80 per cent of the seal population for 139 days each year, to separate pup from nursing seal cow, is traumatic and cruel. Sealing regulations state seal pup must be clubbed with a 1-metre wooden stick (pick axe-handle) on the head and stabbed in the chest to facilitate death. Filmed images of the slaughter, show pups must be clubbed repeatedly, before and after being stabbed in the heart. Pups found breathing after being clubbed and stabbed. Pups vomit up freshly drunk white mothers milk in shock, before, during and after being clubbed and stabbed. Pups chest being cut open whilst still alive. Bulls shot for their genitals.
This was said by the seal whisperer himself Francois Hugo. 

The Namibian Seal Hunt is considered to be the cruelest seal hunt in the world. But, there is hardly the public outcry as the Canadian Seal Hunt. I have no grasped the concept as to why . Unlike the Canadian Seal Hunt these babies are still nursing ! On top that they gather up the moms and the babies into a group and stop them from seeking the refuge of the sea. There is not one big NGO that will campaign for the Cape Fur Seal . I have emailed countless ngo's and have gotten the run around. I will share with you my letter from PETA.


(The above link will show the letter in full size ) 

I have made the Namibian Seal Cull one of my personal missions.   I will advocate for these seals so they someday will get the attention that they deserve. 

I have much to post on this subject so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment